This is an easy and healthy summer recipe. There are a lot of versions of this recipe. We like this one because its super easy and delicious.
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 can black eyed peas – rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 can super sweet white corn – (11 oz. can) we use Green Giant
- 1 jar (16 oz.) On the Border Salsa (medium) or 4 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Combine all ingredients except avocado. Chill in fridge before serving (but not necessary) and serve with tortilla chips. Add avocado right before serving.