- 8 – 8 oz. mason jars with bands and lids
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers- plus two more full cracker sheets reserved for topping
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)
- Pinch of salt
- Smash full sleeve of graham crackers in Ziploc bag and pour into mixing bowl. Add sugar, salt and butter.
- Fill mason jars with approx.. 3 Tbsp. of graham cracker mix….do not mash it down like you would when making a crust. Place jars on a baking sheet without bands or lids.
- 2- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tsp. lime zest (key limes if possible but reg limes will work too)
- 1 c. key lime juice (we used Nellie & Joe’s Famous Key Lime Juice from concentrate found at most chain grocery stores) Juice from Persian limes will work too if you can’t find key limes
- 6 egg yolks
Whisk filling ingredients together in mixing bowl. Add approx.. 1/2 c. of filling into each jar.
Bake for approx. 15 minutes. Let cool at room temp for about 30 minutes. Then cover with lids and bands and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. We usually make these the night or morning before a party.
Before serving add whipped cream to fill up the remainder of the jar. Sprinkle with crumbled graham crackers and a small wedge of lime.