- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 c. water
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can Mexican tomatoes with juice (14.5 oz); 9 corn or flour tortillas
- 3 c. shredded Mexican cheese.
- Cook ground beef and onion over medium heat.
- Add taco mix and water and simmer.
- Stir in black and refried beans, tomatoes and simmer about 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Place three tortillas overlapping in bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Spoon half of mixture over tortillas and top with one cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers and top with rest of tortillas and another cup of cheese.