- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- Small green pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 cans creamed corn
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 3-4 c. water
- McCormick all season salt to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 3-4 lbs. peeled medium shrimp
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen crab meat (optional).
- In large stockpot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add onion, pepper and celery and sauté. Add cans of corn, Rotel and celery soup.
- Stir well and add water. Add less if you like a thicker consistency.
- Add shrimp and seasonings and cook on low for about one hour stirring frequently.
- If adding crab meat, add near the end of heating.
This is delicious served with a crusty French bread.