- 1- 15.25 oz. of Chocolate or Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temp.
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1- 11 oz. bag of caramels, unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 x 8 baking pan with non-stick spray. In bowl, mix together cake mix, butter, 1/2 c. pecans and 3/4 of the evaporated milk. Spread half of the batter into bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes and take out. In saucepan use the rest of the evaporated milk and stir caramels with a spatula or whisk until melted. Set aside. Spread 1/2 c. of chocolate chips over the baked layer and then drizzle 3/4 of the caramel on top. Add the remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining pecans on top. Bake about 25 more minutes or until done. Add the remaining chocolate chips. When cool, reheat the rest of the caramel and drizzle over top of brownies.